London's W12A Landfill accepts waste generated within the City of London, the Municipality of Thames Centre, Lake Huron and Elgin Area Water Treatment Plants and TRY Recycling.
In addition, the W12A Landfill has a Household Special Waste facility and a public drop-off depot for household garbage, appliances, blue box recyclables, brush, cardboard, electronics, scrap metal, tires and wood. The Household Special Waste at the landfill facility accepts waste from the City of London, the County of Middlesex (including First Nations communities) and the County of Elgin.
The Recycle Coach App can help answer questions about what goes where in our local waste and recycling program.
- Bagged household garbage; fees apply
- Furniture & mattresses; fees apply
- Blue box recyclables
- Yard waste
- Scrap metal
- Appliances ($20 fee for appliances containing refrigerant coming soon)
- Propane tanks
- Fluorescent bulbs & tubes
- Empty oil & antifreeze containers (no liquids)
The Recycle Coach App can help answer questions about what items are accepted at the landfill.
Available for purchase
- Home composters or digesters: $20 per unit (tax included, subject to availability)
- Garbage Tags: $1.50 each
- Garbage tags are required on extra containers of residential garbage for collection at the curb. Garbage tags do not expire and there are no refunds provided.
- Recycling bins: $10 each (tax included)
Disposal fees at the landfill
The weight of your materials being disposed of will determine the fee for using the landfill. Other fees include:
- Business waste: $75 per tonne
- Waste from outside service area accepted under Ministerial Order: $150 per tonne
- Minimum charge - excluding residential / charitable organization waste: $75 per transaction
- Charitable organization waste: $0 per tonne
- Daily cover waste: $11 per tonne
- Brownfield waste: $34 per tonne
- Recycling process residuals: $40 per tonne
- Business waste (minimum vehicle tare weight of 10 tonnes, charge account only): $46
- Asbestos waste (commercial customers only): $350 for first load, $100 per subsequent load plus $75 per tonne
- Leaves & brush: No charge
- Blue box recyclables: No charge
- Tires, propane tanks, batteries, empty oil and antifreeze: No charge
- Fluorescent tubes and bulbs: No charge
- Electronics, TVs & monitors: No charge
- Appliances containing refrigerant: coming soon: a $35 per unit fee will apply for disposal. Includes fridges, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers and water coolers.
- Scrap metal: No charge