Transferring Credits & Certification

Higher education institutions in Ontario have requirements for international students that are specific to each individual school. For the most accurate and up-to-date information about these requirements, it is best to contact the school directly. Typically, university and college websites have specific sections for information for international applicants as well as contact information for advice.

Bridging programs for people with international credentials

If you have work experience and/or education in one of Ontario’s regulated professions and trades, there are bridging programs that can help you become certified or transfer your credentials from another country.

Credential evaluation for studying in Ontario

The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC)

CICIC provides information on how to get an assessment to work or study in Canada. The site has a database which allows you to search by educational institution, program, and province. 

Studying in Ontario for International Students

Review information about qualifying for and applying to universities and colleges in Ontario. The Ontario government site also provides resources for scholarship and bursary information to help fund your studies, how to find work after graduation, and how to live and work in Ontario permanently.

World Education Services (WES)

WES is a non-profit organization that helps international students and professionals succeed in education and work in Canada and the U.S.A. WES offers credential evaluation services to help students understand how their credentials relate to Canadian education standards and experience. Note that these services are provided for a fee.

Transferring to an Ontario College or University from another province in Canada


Connect with a Transfer Advisor at the Ontario institution you wish to transfer into. View a list of available institutions and their contact information.

Last modified:Wednesday, June 28, 2023