There are several organizations across London available to help newcomers settle in their new community. Each organization provides unique services. Below you will find a brief description to help find the right one for your needs, or you can simply access the agency that is most convenient for you.
Organizations with Settlement Services
- The London Cross Cultural Learner Centre: dedicated to supporting newcomers’ immediate needs, this organization helps newcomers integrate into the community over the long-term through various programs and services, including resettlement assistance, language assessment, and orientation services. A service allowing for settlement workers in school (SWIS) is also provided.
- LUSO Community Services: provides services and education programs to help immigrants and refugees integrate better into their new communities. It also offers a variety of charitable social services and support. A service allowing for settlement workers in school (SWIS) is also provided.
- Northwest London Resource Centre: offers counselling and support services designed to connect immigrants with the community and help them integrate;
- South London Neighbourhood Resource Centre: offers a number of community programs and events, including settlement services for those who are new to Canada. A service allowing for settlement workers in school (SWIS) is also provided.
- YMCA of Southwestern Ontario: In addition to offering a wide variety of sports and athletic programs, the YMCA also supports those new to Canada with orientation services, English-language instructions, and settlement and newcomer youth programs.
- Collège Boréal offers free Settlement, Information and Orientation services as well as Training programs to newcomers to Canada to improve your language skills.
- Carrefour Communautaire francophone de London offers programs and services to address and meet the needs of all Francophones in the London and surrounding area. A service allowing for settlement workers in school (SWIS) is also provided.