There are several organizations across London that help newcomers settle in their new community. Below, you will find a description of each organization to help find the right one for your needs.
Organizations with Settlement Services
- The London Cross Cultural Learner Centre (CCLC) helps newcomers integrate into the community through various programs and services, including resettlement assistance, language assessment, and orientation services. A service allowing for settlement workers in school (SWIS) is also provided.
- LUSO Community Services provides services and education programs to help immigrants and refugees integrate better into their new communities. It also offers a variety of charitable social services and support. A service allowing for settlement workers in school (SWIS) is also provided.
- Northwest London Resource Centre offers counselling and support services designed to connect immigrants with the community and help them integrate.
- South London Neighbourhood Resource Centre offers different community programs and events, including settlement services for those who are new to Canada. A service allowing for settlement workers in school (SWIS) is also provided.
- YMCA of Southwestern Ontario In addition to offering a wide variety of sports and athletic programs, the YMCA also supports those new to Canada with orientation services, English-language instructions, and settlement and newcomer youth programs.
- Collège Boréal offers free Settlement, Information and Orientation services and Training programs to help newcomers to Canada improve their language skills.
- Carrefour Communautaire francophone de London (CCFL) offers programs and services to address and meet the needs of all Francophones in the London and surrounding area. A service allowing for settlement workers in school (SWIS) is also provided.