Thank you for your continued interest in the City of London recreation and sport programs. Check our cancellation page to ensure your program is running as scheduled.
Find everything you need to know to Play Your Way in the City of London. From swimming lessons and day camps to art classes and seniors' special events, the City of London has something for everyone.
Registration for fall programs will open on the following dates:
- Programs for adults ages 55 and older (Tuesday, August 16 at 8:30 a.m.)
- General programs (Wednesday, August 17 at 8:30 a.m.)
- Aquatics programs (Thursday, August 18 at 8:30 a.m.)
Fall programs will be visible on Play Your Way online on August 12.
How to register
- Play Your Way Online (available 24/7, 365 days a year)
- By calling (519) 661-5575 (Monday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding Saturdays on stat holiday long weekends)
In-person at the following City of London recreation and sport customer service counters:
StarTech.com Community Centre, Tuesday to Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (501 Southdale Rd W – Second Floor Service Desk)
Canada Games Aquatic Centre, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (1045 Wonderland Rd N)
Citi Plaza, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (355 Wellington St., Suite 248 – south entrance off of King St and Wellington St)
East Lions Community Centre, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (1731 Churchill Ave)
South London Community Centre, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (1119 Jalna Blvd)
At this time, we ask that all customers that are able to do so continue accessing our services online or by phone. Those visiting our office for services are required to adhere to all provincial and local public health regulations, including mask wearing and physical distancing.
Frequently asked questions
What are the City's withdrawal and refund policies?
In any instance where the City of London cancels a recreation program, a full credit or refund will be issued.
1. General Programs - Withdrawal & Refund Policy
Section 1.0 applies to all general recreation programs including (but not limited to): Learn to Swim Programs, Learn to Skate Programs, Community & Seniors’ Centre Programs, Day Camp Programs and Storybook Gardens Programming.
The effective date of any withdrawal is the date the request is received by Recreation & Sport Customer Service, regardless of whether a participant attended the program.
- For withdrawal requests made more than 7 days prior to the start of the program, your account will be credited in full.
- For withdrawal requests made 7 days or less up until the start of the first class, your account will be credited 75% of the program fee.
- For withdrawal requests made after the first class up until the start of the third class, you will be credited 75% of the program fee after a per class fee for all program dates that have already occurred (regardless of attendance) have been deducted. Credits can remain on your family account for any future use towards programs or services.
- Requests for withdrawal or transfer beyond the third class will only be considered for medical reasons or on compassionate grounds. Supporting documentation for these requests must be submitted prior to the completion of the program.
2. Drop-In Programs - Withdrawal & Refund Policy
Section 2.0 applies to all drop-in (one time) programs offered at any City of London recreation facility.
- For withdrawal requests made prior to the start of the program, your account will be credited in full.
- No credits or refunds will be issued for withdrawal requests made after the start of the program, except in extenuating circumstances as approved by a supervisor.
3. Aquatic Leadership and First Aid Programs – Withdrawal & Refund Policy
Section 3.0 applies to all Aquatic Leadership Programs (Bronze Star and above), First Aid Programs and Leader in Training (LIT) Programs.
- For withdrawal or transfer requests made more than 10 days prior to the start of the program, your account will be credited in full.
- For withdrawal or transfer requests made 10 days or less up until the start of the first class, your account will be credited 50% of the program fee.
- Requests for withdrawal or transfer beyond the start of the program will only be considered for medical reasons or on compassionate grounds. Supporting documentation for these requests must be submitted prior to the completion of the program.
When will recreation programs be offered, and for what ages?
Recreation program opportunities will be available for Londoners of all ages, including a selection of children, youth, adult, and older adult program options. Programs will be scheduled at community centres and arenas across the city and will include a selection of daytime and evening participation options.
What is the cost of the recreation programs?
Costs vary by program. Please refer to the Play Your Way online for pricing. Play Your Way financial assistance is available for those who qualify (see below).
What if I want to remain on site to watch/supervise a program participant?
Participants under the age of 10 must have a parent or guardian over the age of 16 accompany them through the screening process and to the program space. Participants under the age of 18 may come to their scheduled program with a maximum of one parent/caregiver to spectate. No other spectators will be allowed to enter the facility.
In cases where parent/caregiver attendance is mandatory, the supervising adult must be at least 16 years of age.
Do I need to bring anything to the program or wear anything specific for the program?
Floor Hockey – A CSA approved helmet with face mask is mandatory for ALL children AND parent/caregivers. Participants are required to supply their own fitted helmet and will not be allowed to play without one. No outside sticks will be allowed and will be supplied by the City of London.
Fitness and Yoga – Please bring your own mat.
Children’s Art – Please wear clothes you are prepared to get messy. Unless stated in the description/alert and or confirmation text, all other supplies are included.
Adult Art – Unless stated in the description/alert and or confirmation text all supplies will be extra. The list of supplies will be on your receipt or you will be contacted by instructor prior to the first class or provided a list on first day of program. Fees for supplies will vary by class chosen.
Rock Climbing – All equipment is supplied. Please wear comfortable clothing and clean running shoes.
Sports – Please wear comfortable clothing and indoor non marking running shoes.
Tennis/Badminton/Pickleball/Squash – Bring your own racquet.
Music – Bring you own instrument based on the class you registered for (ie. Guitar, Ukulele).
PLEASE NOTE: The City of London is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items belonging to participants or spectators. Please secure your items and leave valuables at home.
I have an urgent question. Who can I contact?
Urgent questions can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply as soon as possible.
Will my outdoor program run if it is raining?
Programs will run rain or shine unless the weather is severe. Some programs may also be cancelled if the Middlesex-London Health Unit issues a heat alert. Participants will be contacted by phone and/or email if the program is cancelled.
For family programs, is it mandatory that the parent/caregiver participate in the program? Do my child and I both have to pay a fee for the program?
Yes, children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver who is at least 16 years old. Parent/caregiver will be expected to participate with their child. The majority of our family program fees cover the cost of one child and parent/caregiver to attend unless otherwise stated at the description level. Some programs have options to add another child for an additional cost shown on the program description.
You can register additional children online, by phone or in person.
If the program requires both child and parent to pay a fee it will be indicated at the description level.
Can siblings participate in the program?
Only if they are registered and meet the program requirements to register. Children not registered in the program will not be allowed to enter the facility, due to COVID-19 measures in place.
Do I need to attend all classes for all leadership programs (LIT, Babysitting) to get my certificate?
Yes, you must attend all classes in order to receive your certification. No exceptions.
Do I need to pass an exam/test in order to get my leadership certification (LIT, Babysitting)?
Some of our classes require you to write and pass an exam to get the certification. Instructor of classes will advise passing grade depending on the course taken.
Do I need to bring my own partner for couples dance classes and ballroom dancing?
Yes, you must have a partner and the fee is per person.
Now you can register for courses, purchases memberships and book facilities from the comfort of your computer or smartphone with Play Your Way Online. It’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Create your account today to access this online service.
View up-to-date program and facility information, which makes planning a breeze.
Play Your Way funding
The City of London’s Play Your Way Fund offers financial support to low income Londoners and families who want to access recreation programs and activities offered by the City. Once approved, funding can be accessed for the next 12 months, up to a maximum of $300 per person.
To be eligible for Play Your Way Program, applicants must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- City of London residents
- Have a family income that falls within the ranges below, based on Statistics Canada’s 2020 After Tax Low Income Cut-Offs (LICOs)
Londoners receiving Ontario Works or ODSP automatically qualify for Play Your Way funding.
How to apply
Bring or mail your completed application form with copies of supporting documents to one of the locations listed at the end of this document. Please note, if you are presenting information on behalf of a family member who is 18, it must be accompanied with a signed letter from the individual consenting to the release of this information on his/her behalf. Any information you provide will be returned to you or destroyed, as directed by you.
1. For identification purposes, please provide any one of the following documents for each family member:
- Birth certificate
- Canadian Citizenship, permanent resident card or Refugee documents
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Canadian Passport
- Valid Ontario driver’s license or Ontario Photo ID card
2. The following is a list of applicable proofs of income. Please attach a current copy of one of these sources:
- Canada Revenue Agency notice of assessment from the current year for each adult in the household, showing line #236 (net income)
- Canada Revenue Agency Goods & Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax stating family net income
- Canada Child Tax Benefit summary stating family’s Adjusted Annual Income
- Government benefits stub: OW, ODSP/ACSB, EIB, CCP, OAS, GAINS, etc or a direct deposit statement
If you cannot provide the information as listed above, please provide the following:
- Two consecutive and current pay/income stubs for each adult with earnings as well as 60 days of bank statements
- Other household income such as child or spousal support, rental income, etc.
- Refugee: Provide a copy of any government document that confirms you are receiving support under the Resettlement Assistance Program or Interim Federal Health Program. We can approve Fee Assistance for anyone who has come to Canada as a refugee and has not been sponsored by a family or group. We cannot accept immigration papers because they do not tell us that you are a refugee covered by these programs.
If you are unable to provide proof of income documents, you may submit a signed letter from a representative of a social agency or religious institution that lists all family members, verifies your total family income, and includes your address. This includes letters from shelters or services for homeless. All letters must be printed on agency letterhead.
3. Proof of Residency in London:
- Rent receipts that show address and name of applicant
- Lease or mortgage agreement
- Property tax bill
- Current utility bill
- Current Child Tax Benefit statement
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
Email your application form and required documentation to email@example.com, or call 519-661-5575 to inquire about submitting paperwork in person.
Eligibility for Play Your Way Fund will be assessed annually for those with regular income that does not vary or those receiving government benefits such as OW, ODSP, CPP, GAINS, OAS, OSAP or other government benefits. Customers with irregular income will be assessed at a minimum of 6-month intervals, or more often as required.
City of London Recreation gift cards
A City of London Recreation gift card is a pre-paid, reloadable cash card that you can use to pay for purchases at a variety of City of London recreation facilities including City of London Pools, Community and Seniors Centres and Storybook Gardens. In addition, gift cards can be used for payment through Play Your Way Online for program registration and membership purchases. It is a quick and convenient way to pay!
Frequently asked questions
Where can I purchase/reload a City of London Recreation gift card?
These can be purchased at the following locations:
- StarTech.com Community Centre - Second floor Service London counter
- Citi Plaza, Parks and Recreation Office (355 Wellingtion Street, Suite 248)
- Canada Games Aquatic Centre
- Carling Heights Optimist Community Centre
- Hamilton Road Seniors' Centre and Community Centre
- Kiwanis Seniors' Community Centre
- North London Optimist Community Centre
- South London Community Pool
- Storybook Gardens
- Online through Play Your Way Online.
What if I do not have enough on my City of London Recreation gift card to pay for my entire purchase?
The balance of your gift card can be put towards your purchase and the remainder can be paid by cash, debit, VISA or Mastercard.
What happens if I lose my City of London Recreation gift card?
Please treat your City of London Recreation gift card like cash! The City is not responsible for lost or stolen gift cards.
Can I check the balance on my City of London Recreation gift card?
Yes. You can check your balance in two ways:
1. Visit any of the participating City locations with your gift card and a customer service staff member will assist you.
2. Call 519-661-5575 and have your gift card number available.
How do I reload my City of London Recreation gift card?
Visit one of the participating City locations with your gift card to reload it or call 519-661-5575 to pay by credit card.
Does my City of London Recreation gift card expire?
Can I redeem my City of London Recreation gift card for cash?
The Access2 Card is for people of all ages and types of permanent disabilities who require the assistance of a support person, and it provides opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in recreational activities with a support person. The card can be used at all City-owned indoor and outdoor pools, recreation centres, arenas and community centres, soccer fields and baseball diamonds, recreation programs as well as all city owned public golf courses and Storybook Gardens.
The Access2 Card provides free program access to any person with a permanent disability and their support worker for most City programs. Please note that aquatics programs require payment from the cardholder, but not from a support worker.
London’s Child & Youth Network, along with their partners, are happy to offer the ACT-i-Pass to Grade 5 and 6 students in the City of London for the 2021-2022 school year. By using the pass, Grade 5 and 6 students (plus 1) will have free access to skating, swimming, different sports, rounds of golf and other activities.
Suggest a new program
The City of London provides affordable, introductory and enhanced recreation programs. We welcome new program suggestions related to arts and crafts, language, computers and technology, cooking, dance, wellness, music, fitness sports or other general interests.
Submissions can be received year-round, and will be reviewed during the months of January and July of each calendar year. Please note that we only consider programs focused on sport and recreation. Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, we will only follow up with those we wish to pursue further.