Programs, courses and registration

Thank you for your continued interest in the City of London recreation and sport programs. Please visit our COVID-19 web page for all City programming and service updates. Check our cancellation page to ensure your program is running as scheduled.

Find everything you need to know to Play Your Way in the City of London. From swimming lessons and day camps to art classes and seniors' special events, the City of London has something for everyone.

Register for a program

COVID-19 Update

As part of our ongoing efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19, and in keeping with the Province’s announcement that Ontario will transition to a modified version of Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen, all indoor City recreation and sport facilities will be closed as of January 5, 2022. These measures will be in place for at least 21 days (until January 27) subject to trends in public health and our health system.

Impacts to City recreation and sport services include the following:

Recreation and sport programs

All programs at community centres, arenas and aquatics facilities will be cancelled beginning January 5. Participants who had registered for recreation and sport programs at indoor facilities will be contacted about specific impacts directly through phone calls and emails. All participants who have registered for a fee-based program that has been cancelled will receive a credit to their user account. Refunds will also be made upon request. 


All memberships will be extended based on the number of days that recreation and sport facilities are closed.


All facility rentals up until January 27 will be cancelled at this time and refunds will be provided. Upcoming availability will be re-evaluated as the COVID-19 situation evolves.

To cancel the rental of a facility booked beyond January 27, please email

Registration dates

Winter programs

Winter programs have been suspended, though many will resume once Provincial restrictions have lifted. Please log in to your Play Your Way Online account or call 519-661-5575 to find the status of programs you have registered for.

Please continue to follow the City's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates related to recreation and sport programs.

How to register

  • Play Your Way Online (available 24/7, 365 days a year)
  • By calling (519) 661-5575 (Monday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding Saturdays on stat holiday long weekends)
  • In-person at the folowing City of London recreation and sport customer service counters:
    • Citi Plaza, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
      • 355 Wellington St., Suite 248 – south entrance off of King Street and Wellington Street

At this time, we ask that all customers that are able to do so continue accessing our services online or by phone. Those visiting our office for services are required to adhere to all provincial and local public health regulations, including mask wearing and physical distancing.


      Frequently asked questions
      When will recreation programs be offered, and for what ages?

      Recreation program opportunities will be available for Londoners of all ages, including a selection of children, youth, adult, and older adult program options. Programs will be scheduled at community centres and arenas across the city and will include a selection of daytime and evening participation options. 

      What is the cost of the recreation programs?

      Costs vary by program. Please refer to the Play Your Way online for pricing. Play Your Way financial assistance is available for those who qualify (see below).

      How do I register for programs?

      Registration is available by phone at 519-661-5575 or through Play Your Way online.

      For drop-in and single-day program options, participants can register on the third Friday of each month at 8:30 a.m. for programs running the following month. This new registration schedule will be piloted for our fall program season, September to December:

      • September drop-in and single-day programs will open for registration on Friday, August 20, at 8:30 a.m.
      • October programs will open for registration on Friday, September 17 at 8:30 a.m.
      • November programs will open for registration on Friday, October 15 at 8:30 a.m.
      • December programs will open for registration on Friday, November 19 at 8:30 a.m.

      Pre-registration is required for all programs, and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

      What if I want to remain on site to watch/supervise a program participant?

      Participants under the age of 10 must have a parent or guardian over the age of 16 accompany them through the screening process and to the program space. Participants under the age of 18 may come to their scheduled program with a maximum of one parent/caregiver to spectate. No other spectators will be allowed to enter the facility.

      In cases where parent/caregiver attendance is mandatory, the supervising adult must be at least 16 years of age.

      Do I need to bring anything to the program or wear anything specific for the program?

      Floor Hockey – A CSA approved helmet with face mask is mandatory for ALL children AND parent/caregivers.  Participants are required to supply their own fitted helmet and will not be allowed to play without one.  No outside sticks will be allowed and will be supplied by the City of London.

      Fitness and Yoga – Please bring your own mat.

      Children’s Art – Please wear clothes you are prepared to get messy.  Unless stated in the description/alert and or confirmation text, all other supplies are included.

      Adult Art – Unless stated in the description/alert and or confirmation text all supplies will be extra.  The list of supplies will be on your receipt or you will be contacted by instructor prior to the first class or provided a list on first day of program.   Fees for supplies will vary by class chosen.

      Rock Climbing – All equipment is supplied.  Please wear comfortable clothing and clean running shoes.

      Sports – Please wear comfortable clothing and indoor non marking running shoes.

      Tennis/Badminton/Pickleball/Squash – Bring your own racquet.

      Music – Bring you own instrument based on the class you registered for (ie. Guitar, Ukulele).

      PLEASE NOTE:  The City of London is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items belonging to participants or spectators.  Please secure your items and leave valuables at home.

      I have an urgent question. Who can I contact?

      Urgent questions can be forwarded to We will reply as soon as possible.

      Will my outdoor program run if it is raining?

      Programs will run rain or shine unless the weather is severe. Some programs may also be cancelled if the Middlesex-London Health Unit issues a heat alert. Participants will be contacted by phone and/or email if the program is cancelled.

      For family programs, is it mandatory that the parent/caregiver participate in the program? Do my child and I both have to pay a fee for the program?

      Yes, children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver who is at least 16 years old.  Parent/caregiver will be expected to participate with their child. The majority of our family program fees cover the cost of one child and parent/caregiver to attend unless otherwise stated at the description level.  Some programs have options to add another child for an additional cost shown on the program description.

      You can register additional children online, by phone or in person.

      If the program requires both child and parent to pay a fee it will be indicated at the description level.

      Can siblings participate in the program?

      Only if they are registered and meet the program requirements to register.  Children not registered in the program will not be allowed to enter the facility, due to COVID-19 measures in place.

      Do I need to attend all classes for all leadership programs (LIT, Babysitting) to get my certificate?

      Yes, you must attend all classes in order to receive your certification.  No exceptions.

      Do I need to pass an exam/test in order to get my leadership certification (LIT, Babysitting)?

      Some of our classes require you to write and pass an exam to get the certification.  Instructor of classes will advise passing grade depending on the course taken.

      Do I need to bring my own partner for couples dance classes and ballroom dancing?

      Yes, you must have a partner and the fee is per person.


      Register online

      Now you can register for courses, purchases memberships and book facilities from the comfort of your computer or smartphone with Play Your Way Online. It’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

      Create your account today to access this online service.

      View up-to-date program and facility information, which makes planning a breeze.

      Play Your Way Online

      Play Your Way funding

      The City of London’s Play Your Way Fund offers financial support to low income Londoners and families who want to access recreation programs and activities offered by the City of London. Once approved, funding can be accessed for the next 12 months, up to a maximum of $300 per person.


      To be eligible for Play Your Way Program, applicants must be:

      • 18 years of age or older
      • City of London residents
      • Have a family income that falls within the ranges below, based on Statistics Canada’s 2020 After Tax Low Income Cut-Offs (LICOs)
      Play Your Way Fund Eligibility Chart

      Londoners receiving Ontario Works or ODSP automatically qualify for Play Your Way funding.

      How to apply

      Bring or mail your completed application form with copies of supporting documents to one of the locations listed at the end of this document. Please note, if you are presenting information on behalf of a family member who is 18, it must be accompanied with a signed letter from the individual consenting to the release of this information on his/her behalf. Any information you provide will be returned to you or destroyed, as directed by you.

      1. For identification purposes, please provide any one of the following documents for each family member:

      • Birth certificate
      • Canadian Citizenship, permanent resident card or Refugee documents
      • Certificate of Indian Status
      • Canadian Passport
      • Valid Ontario driver’s license or Ontario Photo ID card

      2. The following is a list of applicable proofs of income. Please attach a current copy of one of these sources:

      • Canada Revenue Agency notice of assessment from the current year for each adult in the household, showing line #236 (net income)
      • Canada Revenue Agency Goods & Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax stating family net income
      • Canada Child Tax Benefit summary stating family’s Adjusted Annual Income
      • Government benefits stub: OW, ODSP/ACSB, EIB, CCP, OAS, GAINS, etc or a direct deposit statement

      If you cannot provide the information as listed above, please provide the following:

      • Two consecutive and current pay/income stubs for each adult with earnings as well as 60 days of bank statements
      • Other household income such as child or spousal support, rental income, etc.
      • Refugee: Provide a copy of any government document that confirms you are receiving support under the Resettlement Assistance Program or Interim Federal Health Program. We can approve Fee Assistance for anyone who has come to Canada as a refugee and has not been sponsored by a family or group. We cannot accept immigration papers because they do not tell us that you are a refugee covered by these programs.

      If you are unable to provide proof of income documents, you may submit a signed letter from a representative of a social agency or religious institution that lists all family members, verifies your total family income, and includes your address. This includes letters from shelters or services for homeless. All letters must be printed on agency letterhead.

      3. Proof of Residency in London:

      • Rent receipts that show address and name of applicant
      • Lease or mortgage agreement
      • Property tax bill
      • Current utility bill
      • Current Child Tax Benefit statement
      • Valid Ontario Driver’s License

      Email your application form and required documentation to, or call 519-661-5575 to inquire about submitting paperwork in person.

      Eligibility for Play Your Way Fund will be assessed annually for those with regular income that does not vary or those receiving government benefits such as OW, ODSP, CPP, GAINS, OAS, OSAP or other government benefits. Customers with irregular income will be assessed at a minimum of 6-month intervals, or more often as required.



      City of London Recreation gift cards

      A City of London Recreation gift card is a pre-paid, reloadable cash card that you can use to pay for purchases at a variety of City of London recreation facilities including City of London Pools, Community and Seniors Centres and Storybook Gardens. In addition, gift cards can be used for payment through Play Your Way Online for program registration and membership purchases. It is a quick and convenient way to pay!

      Frequently asked questions
      Where can I purchase/reload a City of London Recreation gift card?

      These can be purchased at the following locations:

      • Bostwick Community Centre - 2nd Floor Service London Counter
      • Citi Plaza, Parks and Recreation Office (355 Wellingtion Street, Suite 248)
      • Canada Games Aquatic Centre
      • Carling Heights Optimist Community Centre
      • Hamilton Road Seniors' Centre and Community Centre
      • Kiwanis Seniors' Community Centre
      • North London Optimist Community Centre
      • South London Community Pool
      • Storybook Gardens
      • Online through Play Your Way Online.
      What if I do not have enough on my City of London Recreation gift card to pay for my entire purchase?

      ​The balance of your gift card can be put towards your purchase and the remainder can be paid by cash, debit, VISA or Mastercard.

      What happens if I lose my City of London Recreation gift card?​​​​

      ​Please treat your City of London Recreation gift card like cash!  The City is not responsible for lost or stolen gift cards.

      Can I check the balance on my City of London Recreation gift card?

      ​Yes.  You can check your balance in two ways:

      1.  Visit any of the participating City locations with your gift card and a customer service staff member will assist you.

      2.  Call 519-661-5575 and have your gift card number available.

      How do I reload my City of London Recreation gift card?

      ​Visit one of the participating City locations with your gift card to reload it or call 519-661-5575 to pay by credit card.

      Does my City of London Recreation gift card expire?


      Can I redeem my City of London Recreation gift card for cash?



      Access2 Card 

      The Access2 Card is for people of all ages and types of permanent disabilities who require the assistance of a support person, and it provides opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in recreational activities with a support person. The card can be used at all City-owned indoor and outdoor pools, recreation centres, arenas and community centres, soccer fields and baseball diamonds, recreation programs as well as all city owned public golf courses and Storybook Gardens.

      The Access2 Card provides free program access to any person with a permanent disability and their support worker for most City programs. Please note that aquatics programs require payment from the cardholder, but not from a support worker.

      Apply or renew your Access2 card


      London’s Child & Youth Network, along with their partners, are happy to offer the ACT-i-Pass to Grade 5 and 6 students in the City of London for the 2021-2022 school year. By using the pass, Grade 5 and 6 students (plus 1) will have free access to skating, swimming, different sports, rounds of golf and other activities.

      View the ACT-I-PASS Schedule

      Suggest a new program

      The City of London provides affordable, introductory and enhanced recreation programs. We welcome new program suggestions related to arts and crafts, language, computers and technology, cooking, dance, wellness, music, fitness sports or other general interests.  Submissions can be received year-round, and will be reviewed during the months of January and August of each calendar year.

      Submit a new program suggestion

      Last modified:Friday, January 21, 2022