COVID-19 RESPONSE: In alignment with Phase 1 of Ontario’s Framework for Reopening the Province, the Public Participation Meeting process has been reintroduced with modifications to protect the health and well-being of members of the public and City employees during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Public Participation Meeting Process
As part of the City’s ongoing efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19, the Public Participation Meeting process has been modified. Those wishing to take part in a Public Participation Meeting at City Hall must adhere to all health precautions in place, including following all physical distancing and gathering guidelines. Public Participation Meeting Process
- Members of the public are asked to pre-register to speak in person at a PPM. Speakers will be limited to five minutes of verbal presentation.
- Pre-register by calling 519-661-2489 ex. 7100 or by emailing PPMClerks@london.ca. Please indicate the PPM subject matter when contacting the Clerk’s Office. Registrants will be confirmed.1
- When pre-registering, residents will be prompted to answer COVID-19 health screening questions and to self-screen prior to entering City Hall.
- When pre-registering, residents will be advised which meeting room to attend on the second floor of City Hall.
- Presentations will be strictly verbal; any other submission of photos, slides or written information must be made outside of the PPM. These can be forwarded to the staff associated with this matter and/or to PPMClerks@london.ca. To be considered, all submissions should be made prior to the Council meeting when the standing committee recommendation regarding the subject matter is considered.
Public Participation Meeting Process – At the meeting
- Residents should self-screen before entering City Hall. You will be greeted by security at the entrance.
- Residents should convene in the assigned seating, in the appropriate meeting room for the PPM as noted in the pre-registration.
- Each committee room will broadcast the meeting taking place in the Council Chambers.
- City Staff will be in each room to provide assistance.
- When appropriate, individual members of the public will have an opportunity to speak to the committee, using the camera/microphone in the committee room. Floor markings will indicate where to stand.
- Council Chambers Committee members and staff will be present in the Chambers (physically, or by remote attendance).
- There will be no public access to the Council floor.
1 Notice of Collection of Personal Information – personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used by Members of Council and City of London staff in their consideration of this matter, including the provision of adequate physical distancing. Questions about this collection should be addressed to the City Clerk, 3rd floor, City Hall, 300 Dufferin Ave., London, ON N6A 4L9. Tel: 519-661-2489, ext. 4937, email: email@example.com.
The corporate calendar contains events and activities organized by the Corporation of the City of London municipal government.
You can also view our full 2021 Council and Standing Committee Meetings Calendar.
Access agendas, minutes, reports and supporting reference documents to City Council meetings and Council’s Standing Committees using the buttons below.
During a meeting, a video link will appear to the right of the agenda, which can be used to launch the live stream. Users on a mobile device must click ‘Start Mobile Live Stream’ to access the live stream. Council and Committee videos are also available on our YouTube channel.
Should the meeting be a closed session or on break, a stream will not be available.
The City of London is committed to making every effort to provide alternate formats and communication supports for Council, Standing or Advisory Committee meetings and information, upon request. To make a request for any City service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-661-2489 ext. 2425.