Smart Commute London - Coming Soon
Smart Commute London (SCL) will offer support to employers and employees in using sustainable modes of transportation for their work commute. Smart Commute London participants will have access to customizable resources to encourage walking, cycling, transit, carpooling, vanpooling, and telework.
Did you know? Personal vehicles contribute the most to London’s greenhouse gas emissions. London’s Climate Emergency Action Plan aims to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050, in part by reducing reliance on personal vehicles and expanding support for sustainable modes of transportation. London is currently developing its new Mobility Master Plan, including transportation mode shift targets to increase trips made by walking, cycling, transit and other sustainable options.
By joining Smart Commute London, you can take climate action, reduce emissions, and achieve new mode share targets. Other benefits of Smart Commute London include:
- Reduced traffic and parking shortages
- Reduced employee transportation costs
- Increased employee recruitment, retention, and productivity
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to our mailing list.
As a Smart Commute London member, you will have access to a range of supports:
Emergency Ride Home
- If you have an unforeseen emergency and you use a sustainable method to commute to work, you can request reimbursement for the cost of your emergency trip home. Details to be determined.
Smart Commute app
- Use the Smart Commute app to plan your commute or find carpool, cycling, and walking partners.
- Access promotional campaigns, events, and educational materials to encourage employees to travel sustainably.
Bike rack program
- Need more parking for employees commuting by bike? The City’s Business Bike Rack Program may be able to help.
Workplace surveys and assessments
- Employee commuting surveys and workplace site assessments can be conducted to understand transportation habits and meet the needs of individual workplaces.