In alignment with Step One of the Roadmap to Reopen, the City of London has reopened a number of City facilities for in-person services and programs.
The following consolidation is an electronic reproduction made available for information only. It is not an official version of the By-law. The format may be different, and plans, pictures, other graphics or text may be missing or altered. The City of London does not warrant the accuracy of this electronic version. This consolidation cannot be distributed or used for commercial purposes. It may be used for other purposes only if you repeat this disclaimer and the notice of copyright.
Copies of Official versions of all By-laws can be obtained from the City Clerk’s Department by calling 519-661-4530 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For by-law related inquiries or complaints please contact the Licensing & Municipal Law Enforcement Department at 519-661-4660 or email@example.com.
Copyright © 2001
WHEREAS section 5(3) of the Municipal Act, 2001 S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended, provides that a municipal power shall be exercised by by-law;
AND WHEREAS section 9 of the Municipal Act, 2001 provides that a municipality has the capacity, rights, powers and privileges of a natural person for the purpose of exercising its authority under this or any other Act;
AND WHEREAS section 270(1) of the Municipal Act, 2001 requires that a municipality adopt and maintain policies with respect to the sale and other disposition of land; hiring of employees; procurement of goods and services; circumstances in which the municipality shall provide notice to the public and, if notice is to be provided, the form, manner and times notice shall be given; the manner in which the municipality will try to ensure that it is accountable to the public for its actions and the manner in which the municipality will try to ensure that its actions are transparent to the public; and, the delegation of its powers and duties;
NOW THEREFORE the Municipal Council of The Corporation of the City of London enacts as follows:
1. The following attached policies be hereby implemented:
Schedule “A” – Sale and Other Disposition of Land Policy
Schedule “B” – Hiring of Employees Policy
Schedule “C” – Procurement of Goods and Services Policy
Schedule “D” - Appointment of Consulting Services Policy (Repealed eff. Nov 23/09)
Schedule “E” – Public Notice Policy
Schedule “F” – Accountability and Transparency to the Public Policy
Schedule “G” – Delegation of Powers and Duties Policy
2. By-Law No. L.S.P.-3350-104 being “A by-law to provide for procedures for the sale of land owned by the Corporation of the City of London”, and all of its amendments, are hereby repealed.
3. Council Policies 20(5) being the “Determination of Sale Price Policy”, 20(13) being the “Commissions for Industrial Land Sales Policy”, 20(15) and 20(15A) being the “Sale of Industrial Lands Policy” and its associated appendix, 20(25) being the “Pricing of Industrial Lands Policy”, 20(26) being the “Exchange of Lots in Trafalgar Woods Subdivision Policy” are hereby rescinded.
4. Council Policy 21(1) being the “Purchasing and Materials Management Policy” is hereby rescinded.
5. Council Policy 7(9) being the “Selection of Consulting Engineers Policy” and all of its appendices are hereby rescinded.
6. By-law No. A.-5878-105 being “A by-law for the purpose of giving Public Notice pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001 c.25, s.251” and all of its amendments are hereby repealed.
7. This by-law shall come into force and effect on January 1, 2008.
PASSED in Open Council on December 17, 2007.
Anne Marie DeCicco-Best
First reading – December 17, 2007
Second reading – December 17, 2007
Third reading – December 17, 2007
|By-Law No.||Date Passed at Council|
|A.-6151(a)-267||July 22, 2008|
|A.-6151(b)-347||November 23, 2009|
|A.-6151(c)-264||October 4, 2010|
|A.-6151(d)-4||December 6, 2011|
|A.-6151(e)-307||October 30, 2012|
|A.-6151(f)-2||December 11, 2012|
|A.-6151(g)-30||January 15, 2013|
|A.-6151(h)-108||March 26, 2013|
|A.-6151(i)-24||December 17, 2013|
|A.-6151(j)-100||March 18, 2014|
|A.-6151(k)-148||April 15, 2014|
|A.-6151(l)-177||May 26, 2015|
|A.-6151(m)-220||August 30, 2016|
|A.-6151(n)-25||December 19, 2016|
|A.-6151(o)-96||March 21, 2017|
|A.-6151(p)-333||September 19, 2017|
|A.-6151(q)-486||October 3, 2017|
|A.-6151(r)-120||March 27, 2018|
|A.-7742-237||June 26, 2018|
|A.-6151(s)-364||July 24, 2018|
|A.-6151(t)-380||July 24, 2018|
|A.-6151(u)-419||July 24, 2018|
|A.-6151(v)-420||July 24, 2018|
|A.-6151(w)-421||July 24, 2018|
|A.-6151(x)-446||July 24, 2018|
|A.-6151(y)-268||October 1, 2019|