Play and the Park has concluded for the summer 2023 season. Thank you for everyone who came out to enjoy free games! Stay tuned for more information related to Play in the Park 2024.
Play in the Park is a free, unstructured drop-in initiative designed to engage children, youth and young adults in sports across London. Play in the Park will be touring around London and bringing new and interesting sports opportunities to neighbourhoods across the city.
Participants can enjoy free sports such as soccer, basketball, spike ball, tennis, badminton, frisbee, boccia, disc golf, lacrosse, lawn darts, baseball, jumbo Jenga, ultimate frisbee and more. All skill levels and abilities are welcome. Registration is not required. Simply show up at the playground in the parks listed below and come play some sports!
Participants under the age of six years old must be accompanied and supervised by a caregiver (14 years of age or older) at all times.
Play in the Park is committed to fostering a sense of community and creating opportunities for participants to make new friends and connect with their peers.
To ensure that everyone has a safe and fun experience with Play in the Park, please:
- Wear closed-toe shoes and dress appropriately to play sports outdoors
- Be respectful of other participants, their personal space and their abilities
- Notify staff immediately if you or someone else is hurt or feeling unwell
- Follow directions provided by staff, including wearing all provided protective gear as required
- Use sport equipment with care and only for its intended purpose
- Advise staff if any equipment is damaged and do not use
- Return all equipment to staff after use